A readme...for me.
Selected excerpts from https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/engineering/readmes/wayne-haber/
I’m a veteran of three successful startups and have experience in multiple areas including healthcare, finance, and security.
- I subscribe to servant-leadership
- Learning is very important to me. I read approximately one book a week and take one Udemy class a month.
- I subscribe to the philosophy of “saying what you are going to do and doing what you say”.
- I am an advocate of remote-work due to it being highly effective (on many levels) for both the company and for the individual.
- At work, nothing makes me happier than when:
- A user benefits from a change developed by my team
- A prospect becomes a customer because of a feature developed by my team
- A team member learns something new and expands their horizons
- A process or procedure or technology is improved that benefits the overall company, team members, or the technology industry as a whole
- I use this 1-1 format
- I do skip-level meetings with those who work for my direct reports every 1 to 2 months.
- I do an AMA (ask me anything) / office hours session with my team monthly. Anyone at the company is invited to attend if they are so inclined.
- Some of my favorite business books include:
- I am in Atlanta, GA, USA (Eastern US).
- I am most productive in the morning.
- I always try to explain the “why”. Engineers often leave that out and focus on the “what” and “how”.