Ultra Leadership Podcast : How To Lead A Globally Dispersed Team:
Ultra Leadership Podcast with Greg Giuliano: How To Lead A Globally Dispersed Team
Do you think you could effectively lead a team, even when they’re spread across 16 different time zones?
Well, that’s where the future of leadership lies. Having a globally dispersed team helps you attract the best talent, but the best talent gets wasted without an effective leader.
That’s the bad news. The good news?
In this episode, you’ll discover how you can effectively lead a team that you’ve never met in person, counterintuitive insights into making meetings more effective, and how even new leaders can lead a global team.
Show highlights include:
- How reading this book, originally published in 1936, transforms you into an ultra-leader (even in 2023) (2:24)
- Are you new in your leadership role? Here’s how to cut years off your leadership learning curve in only a few minutes (3:27)
- The simple but wildly effective “Document Everything” approach that lets you lead a team spread out in 16 different time zones without missing a beat (4:14)
- How the “Meetings as Conversation” strategy makes your meetings more effective (even if a team member can’t make it) (5:27)
- The counterintuitive way making meetings optional extracts the best from your team (7:06)
- Three pieces of software which entirely eliminate time-wasting meetings throughout your company (7:19)
- How to facilitate a company culture where everyone in your company feels comfortable speaking up during meetings—from the CEO to the newest hired teammate (9:32)
- The “DRI” secret for meetings which ensures every member of your team is heard and every opinion matters (12:36)
- The “next year” mindset shift that helps you overcome stressful decisions like firing a teammate or having your company get acquired (16:45)
Want to dive deeper into how to lead a globally dispersed team? Head to https://about.gitlab.com/teamops/ to understand the framework for the future of work.
Sign up for the Ultra Leadership newsletter at https://www.ultraleadership.com/ and discover how to engage, empower, and activate your team to enable positive transformation.